Air Conditioning FAQs
Utah & Washington County Air Conditioning Services
Triple-T Heating, Cooling, & Plumbing is here to answer your most frequently asked questions about air conditioning services throughout Utah County and Washington County, UT. Our expert team provides air conditioning installation, air conditioning repair, and air conditioning maintenance. When you have questions about air conditioning services, we’ll do our best to answer them. For over 40 years, we’ve offered superior air conditioning services to customers throughout Orem, Provo, American Fork, Spanish Fork, Springville, St. George, Cedar City, Salt Lake City, and Lehi. Contact us today for a quote on your air conditioning services.
What should I do about my frozen AC?
It’s essential to address a frozen AC to ensure it doesn’t damage the system. You may have low airflow due to a dirty filter that reduces the amount of air flowing across your AC coils. Condensation begins to build up and freezes. You may also have a low refrigerant charge. Your air conditioning unit needs a correct refrigerant charge to operate at an optimum level. If you have either of these AC issues, we will service your AC system and find an efficient solution.
What’s wrong with my noisy air conditioner? Can I fix it myself?
The first thing to remember is you should never attempt to repair an air conditioner yourself. Our technicians have professional training and extensive knowledge of HVAC electrical system layouts. We know the correct meters to test the AC’s working components. Never put yourself in danger by attempting to fix your AC unit.
What is dual-zone air conditioning?
A dual-zone air conditioning system is a network of duct dampers and thermostats that work together to regulate the amount of cold air in each zone of your home. Zoning technology helps homeowners cool specific parts of their living space at different times and set different temperatures in various home areas.
How can I lower my electric bill this summer?
There are ways to lower your electricity bill without sacrificing your comfort. We recommend the following methods to lower your electric bill in the summer:
- Raise the Temperature – You don’t need to raise your AC temperature significantly, but you can increase it by one or two degrees for a big difference. We recommend setting your AC between 72 and 74 for maximum summer savings.
- Install a Programmable Thermostat – A programmable thermostat is the perfect way to set the temperature when you’re away. When the specific programmed temperature is reached, your AC kicks on.
- Install Weatherstripping – Installing weatherstripping on your windows and doors helps reduce the air loss in your home, saving you money.
- Schedule AC Maintenance – Our AC maintenance services involve inspecting your air conditioner at the beginning of the summer. We ensure it’s working at peak levels and examine any issues before they cause your AC to break down in the hot summer months.
When should I replace my existing AC unit?
It can be challenging to determine when it’s best to replace your existing AC unit. The most significant facts to consider when choosing to replace your AC unit are:
- Age – If your AC unit shows signs of aging, it’s often a great idea to replace it before it breaks. An aging AC system often needs frequent repairs and won’t work as efficiently as a new system.
- Energy costs – Older air conditioning systems don’t work as efficiently as new ones and drive up your energy costs. The minimum SEER for any air conditioning unit manufactured now is 13.
- Uneven Temperature – If you notice some rooms are cooler than others, your air conditioning unit might not be removing the humidity from the air and causing uneven temperatures.
- Loud Noises – Loud bangs and whistles signify broken parts that may be more expensive than a new AC system.
- Dust & Debris – An HVAC system filters dust and allergens from the air, so excessive dust is often a sign that your unit is no longer purifying and ventilating the air properly.
When is the best time to install an air conditioner in your home?
The best time to install an air conditioner in your home is when you realize you’re putting more money into the AC with repairs than you would in a new system. It’s an excellent decision to purchase a new air conditioner before it completely breaks down. You don’t want to be stuck in extremely hot temperatures without a working AC unit.
Why is my AC system leaking water?
Your AC system removes humidity from the air and puts it into a drain. If the drain is obstructed with dirt and debris, it may leak. Another reason an AC system can leak water is when refrigerant levels are low, or the airflow is restricted, causing the air handler to freeze. Water collects and turns to ice and then defrosts.
What AC unit is best for my home?
Our professional, licensed HVAC contractors can help determine the best AC unit for your home. We will take accurate measurements to calculate the proper size of AC unit for installation. We will consider how long you plan to live in your home to determine if a highly efficient AC unit is the perfect choice for energy savings. Choosing an AC unit with a quality brand name and excellent ratings is important for your peace of mind. We can help you understand the rigorous testing and guarantees of specific AC systems. We only choose AC units with reliability and high-quality performance.
Do air conditioners need to be serviced?
Yes! Air conditioning maintenance services are critical to the lifespan of your air conditioner unit. Servicing your AC unit every year helps you stay ahead of any significant repairs or problems. During a maintenance visit, we check your AC for internal damage by:
- Performing pressure testing
- Checking for carbon monoxide problems
- Searching for cracks
- Reinforcing any worn wiring portions
How do I know when I need an AC replacement?
Your air conditioner unit will typically give you signs it’s time for a replacement. You may notice a decreased performance of your unit, excess dust in your home, strange noises, and the need for frequent repairs.
Why is my AC unit freezing?
AC units circulate refrigerant through copper pipes that run between the indoor evaporator and outdoor condensing coils. When the refrigerant enters the evaporator coils from the expansion valve, it goes into a cold state. When the warm indoor air blows over the evaporator coils and refrigerant absorb the heat, the cool air is free to circulate through the house. The refrigerant exhausts heat to the exterior after it flows through the compressor to the condensing coils. If anything goes wrong during this process, the AC unit may freeze.
How can I prevent my AC unit from freezing?
You can take steps to ensure your AC unit doesn’t freeze. The most common ways to prevent your AC unit from freezing include:
- Change the air filter every six to eight weeks to ensure your air is fresh and healthy.
- Schedule routine air conditioning maintenance to check for any issues in your unit.
- Get an airflow inspection to determine if you have any air leaks, undersized ducts, or damaged sections of ductwork.
Is my city in your service area?
We offer heating and cooling services throughout Utah County and Washington County. We provide services to Spanish Fork, Orem, Provo, Springville, Lehi, St. George, Cedar City, Salt Lake City, and American Fork.
What types of warranties do you provide?
We are proud to back our parts and labor with 12-month warranties. We also offer lifetime warranties on craftsmanship.
Do You Offer Financing Options?
We offer various financing options because we understand air conditioning services seem to happen at the most inopportune times. We recommend the EnerBankUSA Home Projects financing for qualifying customers.
Air Conditioning Installation Services
Our air conditioning installation technicians at Triple-T Heating, Cooling, & Plumbing are all EPA- and RMGA-certified. If you notice strange smells, excess dust, or have an aging system, contact our team to determine if you need new AC installation services. We’ll examine your current AC unit and provide a free quote for our services.
Air Conditioning Repair Services
Our air conditioning repair services are fast and effective to ensure your unit is in optimal working condition. We offer all types of AC repairs, from changing air filters to complete system replacements. Our highly skilled AC contractors provide a 24-hour response service to your emergency calls, so you aren’t left in the heat. We’ll quickly diagnose your problem, explain your options, and perform your needed AC repairs.
Air Conditioning Maintenance Services
Our air conditioning maintenance services help prolong the life of your AC system and ensure it’s working correctly. We offer servicing, routine inspections, and maintenance to help you save money in the long run on a new unit or costly repairs. AC maintenance keeps your home as cool as possible while helping maintain optimal indoor air quality.
Why Choose Triple T?
Triple-T Plumbing, Heating & Air is proud to be a committed, family-owned and operated business. Since 1974, we’ve offered our customers the highest level of customer service and products. We back our products with a satisfaction guarantee and are always in your corner. Our fully licensed, bonded, and insured technicians finish your job as quickly and efficiently as possible. We’re proud to offer several financing options with approved credit for your peace of mind. We’re devoted to customer care and getting the job done right.
Contact Triple T for Air Conditioning Services
Triple-T Heating, Cooling, & Plumbing is here for all your air conditioning needs. We will install, replace, repair, and maintenance your air conditioning units throughout Utah County and Washington County, UT. Our experts are here to answer all your air conditioning questions and guide you through new AC choices for your home. Contact us today to schedule a visit!