With spring just around the corner, now is the perfect time to talk about spring maintenance for air conditioning units. Soon, the weather will be calling for you to turn the AC on to stay comfortable. Our team at Triple T Heating is ready to help you schedule your annual maintenance appointment. Here are a few things that you might want to do now to ensure a more comfortable spring.
5 Steps to Ensure AC Home Comfort This Spring
- Check and replace air filters. Air filters need to be changed on a regular basis, because those things can get nasty over time, pulling in all the dirt from the air in your home. The dirty filter can also create problems for the air conditioning unit and spread large amounts of dust throughout your home. Swapping an air filter is a simple fix to keep the air conditioner running efficiently.
- Clean coils. Condenser coils need to be clean to allow the air conditioning unit to run efficiently. As the compressor pulls coolant through the system to cool your home, the coolant helps to relieve pressure in the evaporator coils. If the condenser coils are dirty, they don’t move enough coolant through. That increased pressure in the evaporator coils could cause problems with your system. The condenser on an outdoor unit may require that you rinse the dust, mud and leaves out of the unit. You should be careful to ensure that the water doesn’t damage components inside the unit.
- Check the ventilation in the attic. Before the cooling season begins, it would be helpful to make sure that ventilation is adequate to relieve the heat that will build up in your home in the months to come. If you need to improve ventilation, there are several ways to do that, but you may want to consult a professional.
- Make sure the air conditioner drainage hole is clear. Many air conditioning units have a drainage hole by the evaporator fins near the bottom of the machine. It is important to make sure that there isn’t anything blocking the hole so that drainage can occur, otherwise, the unit may not function properly.
- Clean bathroom fans. Fans in rooms that are subject to areas of high heat and condensation should be cleaned on a regular basis to ensure that they operate properly and reduce potential environmental issues in your home. When you remove the cover from the fan and clean the blades, it will help them to function properly and remove more moisture from the room more efficiently. When fans work better, they help reduce the heat and moisture in a home. This reduces the demand for cooling in a home.
These are just a few of the things that you could do (inside your home and out) to ensure that your air conditioning system runs properly this spring and summer. Our EPA-certified technicians can help you to ensure that your air conditioning unit is maintained properly. We can help you find the right unit, whether you need an air purifier or a humidifier to make your indoor air quality top-notch and most comfortable for you and your family. Give Triple T a call today to schedule your annual spring maintenance in both Utah County and Washington County. Springtime is just around the corner in Utah.