It might seem like winter is a long ways off, but colder months will be here before you know it. Preparing, inspecting and tuning up your furnace before you actually need it, potentially saves you time and money in the long run. It could also save you from needing emergency repairs when it’s snowing outside!
Here are five tips for preparing your furnace for the long winter months ahead:
- Change Your Filter. This is the easiest and simplest way to ensure that airflow is properly circulating. It allows your furnace to function at full capacity. Check your filter often for the large build-up and replace it as needed. A dirty filter pushes allergens and other particles into your breathing air. Making things uncomfortable for you and your family.
- Clear a Path Around the Furnace. Make sure that there is nothing around or near your furnace. Clear away any dust that has built up on and around the furnace. Also, make sure that nothing is blocking the airflow around the furnace. Vacuuming regularly around the area can prevent large debris and dirt build-up.
- Ensure That Your Heater is Receiving Proper Ventilation. The worst possible situation is to have a gas heater ventilating into your living space. This is incredibly unhealthy and could result in possible severe consequences. Always check to ensure that your heater is venting exactly how it is meant to.
- Check the Vents in Your Home. This is the easiest way to ensure that rooms are being heated and that airflow is circulating throughout your entire home. Make sure that there are no large objects blocking air vents. Ensure that furniture has not been arranged in front of floor vents. Clean the outside of your vents and inside the ducts.
- Schedule Routine Maintenance. Scheduling routine maintenance can ensure that everything is in top shape before colder months begin. Our technicians can easily perform routine maintenance and check for any necessary repairs. All of our technicians are EPA and RMGA certified and have years of experience. They can easily fix any damage and give you total peace of mind.
Triple-T provides routine maintenance to give you security through the winter months. It is easy to prevent a big disaster by having one of our technicians to provide routine maintenance.
You can schedule you pre-winter inspection by calling us at 801-307-4835 in Utah County or 435-258-9864 in Washington County. Cold months will be here before you know it. You can also visit our Heating Services Page for more information.